Doom 3 server; EMZ 1.31a set-up

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Phoenix-20
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Doom 3 server; EMZ 1.31a set-up

Post by Phoenix-20 »

Hi all, I'm looking for proper set-up (directory structure & files) to run a D3 server as v.EMZ 1.31a. If anyone can point me in right direction that'd be great; I have maps and files from my local machine; not sure if the server side will require extra files, or how the server.cfg file should look

hope I found the right category... 8)

-thx!
Phoenix-20
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Doom 3 server; EMZ 1.31a set-up

Post by Phoenix-20 »

Ok I found the answer on my own; In order to run a classic Doom 3 server with the EMZ "mod":- an important line of code needs to be added to the target of the dedicated server executable file [in D3; it's Doom3DED.exe], host server admin will have their own name for this file; more than likely, it is un-writable on a rental server. So you need to ask server admin to go into properties for the link, find the target, and add ["+set fs_game emz"] to the target line (without the quotes & brackets....)

Creating the "mod" folder; Before doing the above, you will need to create an EMZ folder at the same level as the 'base" and "d3xp" folders. The emz folder needs to be populated with the common EMZ 1.31a file available from the aging EMZ website.

From NFO control panel, select EMZ "mod" and fire up the server; it should come on-line as an EMZ server

-hope that helps