GTA V Server

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
fatheroflinoln
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

GTA V Server

Post by fatheroflinoln »

Ive noticed GTA V isnt on the game list but ive seen multpile individuals with NFO servers on there. How would one do this?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: GTA V Server

Post by TimeX »

Those people have either unmanaged full machines or unmanaged VDS servers where they install the server files for the game and run it themselves. There are likely a few such admins around here that can give you some advice and help point you in the right direction for doing the same thing yourself.
TimeX
VAMPIRA7
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VAMPIRA7 »

I need help with this also
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

GTA V does not have a dedicated server. You may be thinking of FiveM, a GTA V mod which does have a dedicated server. See https://fivem.net/ for instructions on installation, which you can spin up on an NFO VDS.

As for why NFO does not offer FiveM managed game servers, I am not aware, but it is most likely due to FiveM being a violation of Rockstar's Terms of Service.
marka2049
New to forums
New to forums

Post by marka2049 »

Naleksuh wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:41 pm As for why NFO does not offer FiveM managed game servers
FiveM's terms of service disallow financial profit from anything deriving from FiveM. There are some exceptions to this. My understanding is that this policy was implemented to not draw as much attention from Take-Two, which has gunned for FiveM in the past. Any hosting providers selling FiveM servers get blacklisted eventually.

As you mentioned, the best way is with a VDS and they are more than capable of handling it. A FiveM server acts mostly as a network relay and does not need massive processing power.