Is it possible to be both cheaper than all competitors and higher quality? Yes!

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Is it possible to be both cheaper than all competitors and higher quality? Yes!

Post by Naleksuh »

Where the hell do I even start? Throughout all of my successes and failures so far (starting). Most key points include the service being much cheaper than any of its competitors, many more features and extensibility, intuitive and explanatory UI panel (useful for both experienced developers here for serious business only) and new people no idea what they are doing, ready to mash keys and hope something works.

Webhosting for $3 per month? Many other companies charge $15-30. It doesn't cost them that much, but why not charge more when you can. Your mindless puppets will continue paying it anyway. Thank you John/Edge100x for the prices that are much comparatively cheaper. Imagine the thought of hosting ones own website from cans and bottles. Not to mention the other features that come along with it. I told multiple of my friends that my web hosting plan did not come with a monthly bandwidth limit, and many people refused to believe me. But it's true - right there in the plans https://www.nfoservers.com/webhosting.php and I have never encountered any such limit before in the many years of staying loyalty to NFO. Instead, NFO imposes a limit of the number of connections at one time (i.e. not the number of people oin your website at eone time, once a website has finished loading thats no longer a "connection"). Besides, do you really need stuff like infinite databases, infinite emails, https connections for free? You could charge extra for that, say the others. But it was included from the start! Also, WHAT web hosting plan includes actual shell access? None but only the best! In previous testimonial by another user (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15622) I had thought this was only for SFTP, due to refusing to install programs by root. But this is only to prevent anonymous use- infact it operates just the same as direct access would, with absolutely no extra cost, for $3 a month, which you will find nowhere else.

For those uninterested in such, VPS service is something that I would not expect to be frequently used but is still important nontheless. Companies like microsoft have the audacity to charge you HUNDREDS for a crappy VPS just from vanity. You can get a linux VPS from $10 a month or Windows for $17 a month. And if you aren't sure which one to choose, that's fine, because you can change it in a matter of about five minutes. Yes really! Whilst VPS is surely intended for more "independent" people who do not need guidance of support, it is still incredibly useful, upfront, cheap, and all features necessary are provided and more. Not to mention the knowledgebase which has lots of useful details about various aspects. If you do need support though, that is covered to!

Next, it must be said how well NFO's support team is being handled. Expected response time from most other websites is usually thought to be around 4-5 hours, with the longest time I've waited ever being 51 days(proof of this). Not to mention that the reply I got after those 51 days was actually entirely unhelpful. Under the tag team of NFO, the average reply time is around four minutes. Even for escalated tickets, average time can be around 90 minutes (although he tends to not acknowledge some things). Not to mention that these issues can range from simple queries about workings of products or actual needs from member assistance, such as moving server to a different computer and whatnot (i.e. stuff that giving to the public is a bad idea). Other companies who may even refuse to undo actions they have taken due to being too busy with making more money, unlike NFO in which you can have up to six people working around the clock to solve a problem that 99% of the time is not even the fault of NFO to begin with! Such people deserve to be treated with immense respect. There also used to be a user in this community (not naming and shaming) who would open support tickets solely to complain/argue. To me, this is like the thought of intentionally stepping on innocent puppies. Which is hopefully why the associated forum account has now been deleted.

A second part of support is not just answering questions but the role of support in backend. I currently edit Wikipedia along with several other people, one of whom owns a website not registered with NFO. One abusive user who has been banned for around two years decided it would be a good idea to submit takedown notices, because surely we do not deserve websites like the rest do. Other person in question had their email account deactivated for around a day and a half before everything was sorted out, and the person in question is now not using that host anymore. The same person send a compaint to NFO about me, which was investigated and found to be copmletely false (including exploiting of the feature that forwarded emails can be altered, as long as you have a keyboard). And of course, I have experienced no problems at all except apologies from NFOs end fighting against such abuse on websites like Trustpilot.

To any staff/support members of NFO, or to any members of it's community such in these forums or #nfo-support@irc.gamesurge.net - apologies if I have caused annoyance for you at some point - sure I would never mean any harm to you :D

I have referred multiple people using other providers (such as terrible colocations webhosts that can take multiple days to do a DNS change) or people who are trying to host game servers off their own internet connection. Referred these people to NFO, and the result has always been vast improvement. And of course, I will continue doing so, both for the befit of them, myself, and NFO's community.

This is not even all of the things I wanted to list in this post. To anyone who has spent time creating an achievement both cheaper and vastly better, along with unthinkably useful features that I would only assume is fantasizable, I salute you and amazing work. Edge, I love you (no homo).

"<Edge100x> Glad we're serving you well!"
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Is it possible to be both cheaper than all competitors and higher quality? Yes!

Post by Naleksuh »

Tried to contact support on another website. My request was marked as solved when it was not (to be fair, one NFO employee also does this, but this is usually resolved easily).

Here is the part I hate though: They have a second feature which they can use to prevent you from replying to the ticket. Why solve problems when you can hide them? NFO does not do this, as anything that is closed is always re-open-able. Stay cool guys and keep a clear head! We appreciate your work!
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Is it possible to be both cheaper than all competitors and higher quality? Yes!

Post by Naleksuh »

When referring NFO to someone else, they commented that NFOs prices are "suspiciously cheap". Looking forward to hearing the performance is "suspiciously good".
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

I think one thing that commonly goes overlooked with NFos control panel is the little bits of text that explain stuff. It's a common complaint for the control panel that the UI looks outdated. For people who aren't customers the UI looks like this for game servers, this for VDSes, this for web hosting. It's a common complaint both by people in the Flames section and even friendly criticism from happy customers. But I myself think the control panel is fine. Even if the CSS is a bit old from its time, it still most certainly gets the job done. Knowledge information found in the panel is good as well, and to be honest is something overlooked, both in the page body and in hover tooltips.

One of the information there recommends WinSCP as an FTP client. I have been using FileZilla for longer than I have been an NFo customer, so I ignored this for a while. But one day I decided to try it and WinSCP is a million times better than FileZilla. There also aren't ads in the installer. So yeah, if fine tuning their servers to be the best ever isn't enough, NFo is practically the only company that will help you with stuff it isn't even their obligation to help you with
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Just wanted to say kudos to NFo for being responsible. If 2020 hasn't effected the real world enough, half the internet is on fire thanks to massive AWS outages. Fortunately NFo is still running thanks to zero dependency services powered by their own datacenters. Keep up the good work.