Help running Minecraft server with JVM Flags

brettwurd
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Help running Minecraft server with JVM Flags

Post by brettwurd »

Hey, I'm having trouble figuring out how to start my Minecraft game server using custom JVM flags, specifically -G1GC Garbage Collector Flags. Does anyone know how to help?

These are the flags I want to use.

Code: Select all

java -Xms1536M -Xmx1536M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true -jar paper-195.jar nogui

Thank you!
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Help running Minecraft server with JVM Flags

Post by Naleksuh »

Is this a managed gameserver or a gameserver executable on a VDS?
brettwurd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by brettwurd »

I think it would be a managed gameserver. I use webapp on here to start and stop the minecraft server and FTP to put a world on it and edit the server.properties and such
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Could you clarify what the problem is? You had simply said it does not work before.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

We don't presently support using aikars flags on our shared hosting.

While they can help with performance, they also can throw resource allocation out of whack. We really need to do some internal testing with these flags before we could deploy them in our shared hosting.

For now, just running paper versus the standard MC vanilla jar is going to give you a huge step in performance increases.
brettwurd
New to forums
New to forums

Post by brettwurd »

Ok good to know, thank you. I started with a vanilla server, then moved to fabric, then to paper. But ever since using paper, I've been getting huge lag spikes that make the game unplayable. My client says something about 'received passengers from unknown entity' that I have yet to figure out. This was the whole reason i looked into aikars flags in the first place. Any information would be appreciated
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

When specifically are you getting the spikes?

Is it during world exploration, or just happening all the time?