Ports forwarding

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
LLL
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ports forwarding

Post by LLL »

Hello

I have 2 servers on your hosting - Serv_A and Serv_B. Both in Frankfurt. Both with Ubuntu.

I want to make Serv_A being a proxy for Serv_B.
Player will connect to Serv_A and his traffic will be routed to Serv_B and back.
Serv_B must see original IP of a player on each packet.

I want Serv_A to be a proxy to hide original IP of Serv_B from players.

I was trying to google something, but i dont know what is correct solution in my situation. IPTables, SSH-tunneling or something else.

I have 2 questions.

1) Is it even good idea to do it like that?
2) What should i do for that?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Ports forwarding

Post by Vanderburg »

What is your goal in doing this? In most cases that I am aware of, Serv_A would be actually transmitting the traffic to Serv_B, so that's the IP address Serv_B would see. I'm not aware of a way that you could expose the original IP that is connecting to Serv_A.

Beyond that, Serv_A could just be a VPN client connecting to Serv_B, but I'm not really sure why you'd want to do this if they are just in the same location/data center, etc (and if they weren't that would definitely hinder performance).