TF2 Server Restarting on its own

Tulkas
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TF2 Server Restarting on its own

Post by Tulkas »

I've been going back and forth with support since yesterday. It appears RGL configs (or most likely the QOL updater or plugins) are causing my server to stop responding to pings.

When the server loads up, everything is fine but as soon as I execute the RGL scrimmage configs(haven't tested match cfgs yet), the server stops responding in the status bar of the control panel. It still shows "up" under Server Control.

From there, once it misses a couple polling periods, the server gets restarted on its own. Is anyone else running into this issue? Any thoughts? This appears to have just started happening over the weekend
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: TF2 Server Restarting on its own

Post by Edge100x »

Do you mean that it is not responding to queries?

I've seen some configurations in the past that have turned off queries. If that is the case for you, then I would recommend editing the configuration file to remove the cvar that does this. If you are unable to edit the file due to league rules, then we can disable the uptime checker on our end, though we do not recommend it. Having queries disabled would also break our graphing system.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

As a follow up, it appears this was related to the CVAR "hide_server" which must be set to 0 to allow queries to continue to work. This defaults to 1 in the RGL configs.
Tulkas
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Tulkas »

Yes - RGL has announced and addressed the issue from their side. From what I can tell, it looks like the config had that setting removed from it. If you have not already, you can execute any of the configs to re-run the updater. That should fix it to get rid of that setting from the config.

Thanks all.