Rust Master List issue

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
suki
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rust Master List issue

Post by suki »

It has been a week since my Rust server has been online and it still hasn't been on the master list even with 5+ players consistently on the server. I have been told to look at my connection logs to look for errors.
Here is a typical start-up session connection log for my rust server on my unmanaged dedicated machine. IP is censored with 'X'.
Any feedback?

[2021-02-15 13:18:05] CCMInterface::OnNetworkDeviceStateChange -- Saw device up, connecting to Steam
[2021-02-15 13:18:06] IPv6 HTTP connectivity test (ipv6check-http.steamcontent.com / 0.0.0.0:80 (0.0.0.0:80)) - FAILURE (Invalid)
[2021-02-15 13:18:06] IPv6 UDP connectivity test (ipv6check-udp.steamcontent.com) - FAILED, no addresses resolved
[2021-02-15 13:18:06] [0,0] Server says 50% of connections should be websockets, we rolled 83 - using UDP as default.
[2021-02-15 13:18:06] [1,2] Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelMedium, XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX, UDP)
[2021-02-15 13:18:08] [1,2] ConnectionCompleted() (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX, UDP)
[2021-02-15 13:18:08] [1,2] RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : [A:1:1123675144:16563] 'OK'
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Rust Master List issue

Post by Edge100x »

That doesn't look like it's a problem. Where are you seeing that it's not showing in the master list? Is it through the Steam API @ http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/ ... 001?addr=x ?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Rust Master List issue

Post by kraze »

This is somewhat of a known issue and the FacePunch Developers has indicated they are taking action. Below was posted the Rust Server Owners Discord on the 12th.
Over the past couple weeks, the issues with servers not showing up in the browser has been a pretty hot topic. Many good ideas have been offered and we've been informed that Facepunch has decided to take action in a specific way. Some details about what Facepunch is dealing with (for those who haven't kept up or are missing a few things):

- Facepunch has been in constant contact with Valve as they were throttling how many total servers were showing
- The total Rust Server count has doubled since Jan 2021
- Facepunch has taken steps to have fake servers (taking up these valuable slots) purged faster, which in itself is an uphill battle as new servers are spun up quickly after being purged

This change to the browser (default off check-box to include empty servers) may be all that Facepunch does, or after watching the impact and listening to feedback, they may decide to do further changes or revert the change and try something else. We can't know until some time has passed.
At the moment no additional information has been provided by the developers.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!