Space Engineers - Is this a no-go for NFO?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
{{Classic}}
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Space Engineers - Is this a no-go for NFO?

Post by {{Classic}} »

Was looking at picking up a managed game server for Space Engineers, from NFO. Did not see one and was kind of saddened. Browsed through some of the forums and seen in the past, it was an issue to commercially host these. That seems to not be the case now. Has NFO considered offering managed servers for this game, or is this one which NFO has decided against and we will never see?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Space Engineers - Is this a no-go for NFO?

Post by Vanderburg »

We considered this in the past, and I believe we even contacted the developers regarding it, a number of years ago. I think they had a demand for a flat fee per game server that made it not worth pursuing further.

It can still be run on an unmanaged VDS, however, with the publicly available dedicated server software.
{{Classic}}
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Space Engineers - Is this a no-go for NFO?

Post by {{Classic}} »

Vanderburg wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 am We considered this in the past, and I believe we even contacted the developers regarding it, a number of years ago. I think they had a demand for a flat fee per game server that made it not worth pursuing further.

It can still be run on an unmanaged VDS, however, with the publicly available dedicated server software.
Not quite sure if I need an unmanaged VDS at this time, which was why I was hoping to find a game server available from NFO. Thank you for the info. I will consider this.