Insurgency Sandstorm Server Mods

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
relevancy7
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Insurgency Sandstorm Server Mods

Post by relevancy7 »

I've been trying to get my Insurgency Sandstorm dedicated server to run some mods, but I'm having no luck. I've followed instructions on "mod.io" (the official mod hosting partner for the game) to the best that I can with the NFO control panel access, but that it isn't working. My intention with renting a dedicated server with NFO was to run a modded server. I've always had a good experience with this site in the past and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Is there anybody out there that has had any luck running mods on NFO's dedicated Insurgency Sandstorm servers through the control panel and FTP?

I've already gone through a service ticket to get the command line parameters changed to enable mods and they suggested turning to the forums. Any help is appreciated!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Insurgency Sandstorm Server Mods

Post by Edge100x »

I know that we have many customers who are using mods in our regular system. What steps are you following?

It's a little odd that a staffmember would say to post here about this. Are you trying to do something exotic with them, beyond just adding a mod? Instructions for how to generally add a mod is included in our regular support.
relevancy7
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Insurgency Sandstorm Server Mods

Post by relevancy7 »

I'm following the instructions here.

I've also had NFO staff add "Mods=Enable" to the launch params. The staff member I spoke with suggested posting here after I asked him a number of questions about FTP and the launch param when we hit a wall. I've also used FTP and the NFO Access Panel to modify the .ini's specified in the guide above to add my mod.io token. The problem is that I'm unable to add/enable the mods on the server even following these instructions. I can add native "mutators" to the server that come with the game itself, but the mods that I've subscribed to on mod.io aren't on the server.

I've had success with modding other dedicated servers hosted at NFO, but I understand each game and platform is its own beast. Any thoughts?