Wrong restart date

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Wrong restart date

Post by Naleksuh »

Recently the following event was posted:

It reads that the VDS will restart at 1AM CDT on May 20. Well, it restarted at 1AM CDT on May 19.

However, if you'll look to the left, it says 5/19 and not 5/20. So, I am assuming somehow multiple dates were put and the wrong day was set? If this is the case, can you tell me if the restart today was intentional? If not there may be a problem on my end.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Wrong restart date

Post by Vanderburg »

This would have been more useful in a support request instead of the forums, but it looks like the 5/20 was a mistype. The subject, written on the 18th says "tomorrow" and "5/19" and the body says "Wednesday". There are 3 things that point to the 19th and only one that points to the 20th, so the 19th would have been safe to assume here.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Definitely looks like a typo! If you are confused in the future, please go ahead and contact us directly, before the event might fire. We can also correct the event for everyone if a mistake is brought to our attention.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

" If you are confused in the future, please go ahead and contact us directly, before the event might fire. "

Ah okay, although in this case I didn't know about the event until it had fired already, because I saw the VDS restarted and checked events. I hope in the future there can be more ways to know an event is coming up.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

You can also opt-in to have events posted to send you an email alert, if you tend to monitor that more often.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't post a whole lot of maintenance events, and they can be disruptive, which is why we do have those email alerts turned on by default.