Vps access

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
aaron
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Vps access

Post by aaron »

Is there a way to set up an account on your VPS where you can give them access to it when you want them to have it and Possibly limit what they can do
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Vps access

Post by hiimcody1 »

This is possible under certain circumstances. It depends on the type of VDS you have, and what kind of access you are wanting to give the user.

Could you describe a bit more in detail about what you are wanting to do so a more targeted suggestion can be offered?
aaron
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aaron »

Basically that they can have full access to it other than be able to create other accounts and then when I don’t want them to have access I can just lock the account or something along those lines
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

Granting that level of control while still being able to take it away is a big ask, because there's little stopping them from just making an account they can use to get in later.

Is the VPS something running here with us? What OS are you using for it?
aaron
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aaron »

Yes it’s with you guys and it is Windows 2019 I believe
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

This should be possible but how to go about it depends on the intended goal.

As hiimcody1 has said above, I'm not quite sure what the intended goal is. If you can explain more what the intended goal is I can try a more specific suggestion
aaron
New to forums
New to forums

Post by aaron »

I have a discord bot that work with my game so I have a coder that I need them to work on my SQL database.. so I just want to give them temporary access to the VPS so they can fix what I need them to once they’re done I can just take their access
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

In that case, you should just be able to send them the SQL login information then change it later, unless other parts need to be changed