CentOS EOL

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
mainedan
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CentOS EOL

Post by mainedan »

Will NFO be adding other linux os installs with the EOL of CentOS? Like Arch? umm, there is even a microsoft one CBL-Mariner :lol:
Just curios
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: CentOS EOL

Post by Naleksuh »

There are already several others available for reinstall. Do you mean one to replace so it can stay at a choice of 4?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We offer a bit more under the virtual DVD drive section on the Server Control tab in your control panel, including Arch. If what you want is not listed definitely reach out to us and we can see about getting it added.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

^ This. I did consider mentioning that Arch is available as a DVD, however it seems the point of this point is rather about replacements for CentOS considering the EOL of it.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

I think we were waiting for the dust to settle on things and see what replacement actually rose in adoption.

Last I recall, there was one called AlmaLinux or something along those lines that is a 1:1 replacement, but there are mentions of a RockyLinux now as well.
mainedan
A regular
A regular

Post by mainedan »

Thanks for the relies, and yes I was asking if the installer for CentOS was going to be replaced with something else. I had seen the cd drives of the but didn't realize it had other installers. :oops: Never really looked actually....
I can see waiting for the dust to settle before pulling the plug, I was just curios if there was plans on adding installers.

Thanks