Question about acceptable GET requests to the NFO control panel

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Vortire
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Question about acceptable GET requests to the NFO control panel

Post by Vortire »

Hi all,

To help me keep tracks on my service stability, I've created a NOC which runs a webserver on localhost that pulls the network sample graphs from NFO every minute.

My question is, is it acceptable - and allowed by NFO - to query getdgraph.pl every minute?

If not, that's perfectly understandable and I'll stop running my NOC.

A screenshot of the NOC in action:

Thank you for reading :)
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Question about acceptable GET requests to the NFO control panel

Post by Naleksuh »

I asked about this before and John/Edge100x told me: "It hasn't really come up before, but the main factor in crawling would be that it should not cause performance problems for us on our end."

Also, it's cool that you are still working on library and stuff. I was working on a new library for mine too. It will be in both Node and PHP and will have lots of methods and error handling and will even allow adding and removing stuff from Managed VDS. It is pretty cool, but may be a while, especially as I am looking into uni soon... I am excited to see what you are doing with the graphs
Vortire
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Question about acceptable GET requests to the NFO control panel

Post by Vortire »

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm unsure how their Perl script renders images (if it draws them every time or if they're stored and retrieved) but at 4 requests a minute, I don't think it'd cause NFO any performance problems but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, to NFO staff, my GET bot uses "Open Local Network Operations Centre" in the User agent so you can easily identify bot traffic 😁.

Glad to see you too are still coding your libraries and good luck to you with them - and also good luck with uni.

Personally I'm thinking of treating myself to an ultrawide monitor that'll be placed portrait in my office so I can have a large overview of my service traffic to easily spot when things might need intervention. That's what I'll be using the graphs in the image for 😁