Minecraft Seeds

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Seeds

Post by J-English »

Hi,
Tried posting in the game voice section but there's no new topic tab to create one ?
I tried adding the latest seeds to my minecraft server , using latest seeds for version 1.17.1.
But whenever i launch minecraft the server shows [OLD] for some reason, and i cant connect.
Even tho the seeds are for version 1.17.1.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks.

Update..seems to work after a few mins? - strange is this normal ?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Minecraft Seeds

Post by TimeX »

It may just be that the server listing needed to refresh. When it says old like that, it means the server itself is running an older version, which is controlled by the server jar file you run. The seed is just related to terrain generation and isn't version specific.
TimeX
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

TimeX wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:05 pm It may just be that the server listing needed to refresh. When it says old like that, it means the server itself is running an older version, which is controlled by the server jar file you run. The seed is just related to terrain generation and isn't version specific.

Even tho its selected the latest version in Cpanel/Easy tab, Shouldn't show old right ?
Anyway seems to work, Will test others at a later time.
Cheers mate.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

There are some exceptions to why it may still show old, but since it sounds like it started working on its own, the client most likely didn't finish querying the server. Either way, I'm glad it worked out. :)
TimeX