Pretty slow connection speed.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
jp4
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Pretty slow connection speed.

Post by jp4 »

Hello!
In the past I have tried to install a selfhosted vpn on a vps, however it resulted in mega slow speeds, around 1-5mbps even though I have a 500mbps connection. I have a suspicion it's due to my location and the server location, because the average ping is around 100. However I am not seeing such an effect while using, for example, windscribe in the same country as the vps which is Germany.
If there's anything I can tweak either on the server or on my pc - let me know! I'll be really grateful :D
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Re: Pretty slow connection speed.

Post by BrendanG »

Hello!
In the past I have tried to install a selfhosted vpn on a vps, however it resulted in mega slow speeds, around 1-5mbps even though I have a 500mbps connection. I have a suspicion it's due to my location and the server location, because the average ping is around 100. However I am not seeing such an effect while using, for example, windscribe in the same country as the vps which is Germany.
If there's anything I can tweak either on the server or on my pc - let me know! I'll be really grateful :D

Good morning, I am very sorry to hear you are having this issue with our service. It sounds like a problem with your connection. But the only way to be server is to investigate this further.

Have you sent a support request in to us for the matter? If you haven't it would be a wise thing to do. You can do this by clicking the Help! Option on the bottom of the control panel. And entering information regarding this situation.

Please let us know if we can help further until then!

Brendan
NFo Support Technician.
jp4
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jp4 »

I haven't. However I'll definitely try. Thanks!
Telegram: @navi150
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

Sounds good!