Email and name server problems

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
renaz1337@gmail.com
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Email and name server problems

Post by renaz1337@gmail.com »

I'm trying to have the domain that was previously on Google be managed through NFOserver and while I got the nameservers redirected, the google workspace emails ran into a problem. I'm guessing it might have to do with the mx records related to the google workspace since the email addresses also have the website domain name as part of the email. However, when I go into the domain control panel, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to specify MX configs. Does anyone know how I should go about making that change?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Email and name server problems

Post by Edge100x »

You can change the mail servers by clicking the little black triangle to expand the advanced options for the vhost. Then, check the "Set custom MX entries (advanced users only; email accounts here stop working)" box.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Email and name server problems

Post by Naleksuh »

Google can be really touchy about external emails. The instructions above should work for changing MX entries, here is an example:

Though note that even after changing these Google business might to try to keep managing emails (they love it when you move to their service but not so much from) -- also they can sometimes mark emails as spam unless you have SPF set up (or use Google Mail). It's pretty awful.