How exactly does NFO get profit?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
goldencheeze
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How exactly does NFO get profit?

Post by goldencheeze »

This is both a compliment and a genuine question.
After only two days of using this to host a TF2 FF2 server plus a separate website for FastDL, I’m never going back to AWS. This is 3x cheaper and STILL runs better, includes ddos protection, is up 24/7, is automated, basically a direct upgrade over manually hosting in AWS in every conceivable way. So it almost seems too good to be true, where does nuclearfallout get money from?
discord: goldencheeze#7816
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: How exactly does NFO get profit?

Post by Naleksuh »

They're actually pretty reasonable costs, and are not terribly different from other providers, though the service is better.

AWS just massively overcharges which makes people unaware of how much stuff really costs. Azure is the other huge bitch in the server industry.

(I don't work for NFO by the way -- if Edge100x wants to shine some light on cost operations, I'd love to hear it, just thought I would point out it's AWS being extremely expensive not NFO being extremely cheap)
goldencheeze
New to forums
New to forums

Post by goldencheeze »

ah i see, i guess game hosting in general for a single server isn’t as expensive as i first thought then, because me and two friends run my tf2 server we can split the bill to be $16
discord: goldencheeze#7816
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

AWS is just crazy expensive :).
alexis92
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by alexis92 »

A friend of mine who hosts his Unturned server from NFO was telling me how he was really happy with the pricing too. Good on you guys for that, because I play on that server often and it's pretty flawless.