"Error: The recipient you specified cannot currently accept donations through our system."

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
DRD
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

"Error: The recipient you specified cannot currently accept donations through our system."

Post by DRD »

Any clue what's causing this? Had no issues before and out of no where I'm getting this error when trying tor ecieve payments through coffer "Error: The recipient you specified cannot currently accept donations through our system."
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: "Error: The recipient you specified cannot currently accept donations through our system."

Post by Naleksuh »

Hm, I've never seen that error before. This is what other people see when trying to pay you, right?

It might be something specific to your account and not generalized. Though something like that cannot be processed over the forums.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: "Error: The recipient you specified cannot currently accept donations through our system."

Post by TimeX »

That message is indeed account specific and it is best to contact us to take a look. However, it is often caused by the recipient not having a payment source on their account, which is needed to activate a subscription and use donation funds.
TimeX
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

TimeX wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:10 am That message is indeed account specific and it is best to contact us to take a look. However, it is often caused by the recipient not having a payment source on their account, which is needed to activate a subscription and use donation funds.
That gives this message: "Error: The recipient you specified will need to create a valid payment source before accepting donations."
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Ah, that's right. I forget that one has a separate, specific message.
TimeX
alexis92
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by alexis92 »

Maybe try another payment method like PayPal? That would be the easiest, although inconvenient, solution.