Sign of the times?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sign of the times?

Post by TacTicToe »

Seems gamerservers.com is now only offering 10 different game servers and Black Ops is not even in that list. Seems like the end of an era. :-(
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Sign of the times?

Post by Naleksuh »

Good riddance
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Some unusual games in that list.

Are people here interested in Farming Simulator?

There are so few big games that can be independently hosted now, and so many (tiny) GSPs. It is a very different landscape than it was when we started.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Edge100x wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:23 am Are people here interested in Farming Simulator?
Oh yes, it's my favorite game. (not really)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Not saying I was a fan of GS but I did host my first servers thru them back when they were Clanservers. They were pretty big at one time, and now? They got the exclusive for hosting so many Activision games, and now? Seems like they may be in the death throws.

Farming Sim seems to be pretty popular. I set it up on my dedi that I have here, but ummm it kinda sucks. Very boring. How it is as popular as it is, is beyond me.
beskor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beskor »

They recent stopped providing all webhosting and fast download services too. GS is downsizing in all departments, I can only assume the CEO is concentrating on Vultr now.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

beskor wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:17 pm They recent stopped providing all webhosting and fast download services too. GS is downsizing in all departments, I can only assume the CEO is concentrating on Vultr now.
Oh gameservers.com and Vultr are run by the same people? That explains a lot....
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Also just noticed that was your first post in nearly a decade. Welcome back!
beskor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beskor »

Naleksuh wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 amOh gameservers.com and Vultr are run by the same people? That explains a lot....
He founded Constant, GameServers, and Vultr. I believe there is another company, just not off the top of my head.

This is my second post in the last decade.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

And NFO has been around since the very beginning. And still to this day offering a premium service for a affordable price. My only concern is with more games not being able to be hosted privately. Game developers are killing of hosting companies and ruining games and communities. You just can't compare the older games and communities around them to the newer style multi-player.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

Games as a service really has put a damper on new titles to host and fostering communities in general. It is a shame.

On top of this, we are entering an era where companies are starting to remaster their old MP titles (and scrubbing the master servers for them) as with Epic.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

It's concerning what the future may hold. Some of us are just holding onto our old games as long as possible. Somehow still today we have a descent little CS 1.6 community that enjoys a fun and enjoyable old game.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

There are still games out there that utilizes server files for it to be hosted individually.

We just need to boycott the AAA titles, to send a message. Sadly, thats not working out so well.

I have 0 interest in a game if I cant host a server.

On a side note (sorry hijacking a bit), I would like to see NFO use their managed option more for the recent newer games released (given it is compatible) such as DayZ, Hell Let Loose, squad and so on. I understand RDP machines exists but as a long time customer, I prefer the managed panel.

I run many BF servers to this day on high end machines with lots of space. I find it an inconvenience and unnecessary to purchase a whole brand new machine just for a server that cannot be placed on a managed setup.

Also check out this game, supposed to have dedicated servers once released: https://store.steampowered.com/app/6718 ... emastered/