How to set up DKIM?

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
renaz1337@gmail.com
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to set up DKIM?

Post by renaz1337@gmail.com »

Hello,

I am trying to setup DKIM for the DNS records for my email hosted through NFOServers and I was only able to find a guide on how to do SPF (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13682).

I was able to get the SPF and DMARC set up but looking forward to also doing DKIM.

Also, side question, how would I go about doing multiple TXT records for the same domain? Would it be using quotes for each statement so like txt records: "1st statement" "2nd statement" "Etc"?

Thanks.
renaz1337@gmail.com
New to forums
New to forums

Re: How to set up DKIM?

I am also wondering if I can use Easy WP SMTP to have emails from Wordpress contact form use the mail.nfoservers.com smtp server.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

I'm not familiar enough with DKIM to advise on that.

TXT records would be in quotes like your example shows, but I'm pretty sure there cannot be a space between them, just one quote ends and another begins. It has been awhile since I last tested it though.

The site has no official support for using our external mail server to send. There are other options but none that would show as coming from one of the email addresses that you added. Is that what you were trying to do?
TimeX
renaz1337@gmail.com
New to forums
New to forums

Ok I see, thank you! I guess I'll just have to do a bit of trial and error. I'll report back on what is the right syntax.

I did read that they don't allow automated emails to be sent using the mail server but not sure if that means using WordPress to send emails when someone submits a contact form would be counted? I'm going to assume yes but hopefully I'm wrong here.

Reason for trying to have it go through the email server is so I won't have to do much configuration with the SPF records but if I can figure out what servers/domains to include in the SPF record so that it would not mark as failed verification when sending emails from those servers, then that would also be a good solution.
renaz1337@gmail.com
New to forums
New to forums

Any idea how I can add these hosted4.nfoservers.com and other nfoservers servers to the SPF include list properly so it doesn't fail DMARC when being sent to Google?

I read that I may have to add the SPF for each subdomain but not 100% sure. Still trying to experiment.

Using this as the SPF record. Doesn't seem to allow emails generated by wordpress running on my website to be recognized as an approved sender though.
v=spf1 ip4:72.5.53.0/24 include:hosted4.nfoservers.com include:mail.nuclearfallout.net include:mail2.nuclearfallout.net a mx ~all

From my DMARC report:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure how to evaluate the incomplete output you gave, but you would need to allow the DNS and/or IP address, as you indicated, and make sure that your email generator is properly using an address at your own domain for the outbound (instead of using the default username@hostedX.nfoservers.com -- we talk more about this in viewtopic.php?f=45&t=15809).
renaz1337@gmail.com
New to forums
New to forums

Hello,

Ok thanks, I'll give that a try with modifying the PHP and report back.
I was also trying this out by just having WordPress use the mail.nfoservers.com server directly to handle sending out emails but couldn't get far with that possible solution.
viewtopic.php?p=81539#p81539