Question regarding NFO ticketing system

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Question regarding NFO ticketing system

Post by Naleksuh »

At one previous point, Edge100x implied, but did not explicitly state, that NFO uses osticket for the support system. This is interesting, because I've tried osticket before and it looks nothing like NFO's support system at all, but this could just be because NFO always uses old versions of software, or because John is manually making changes to the core.

I had asked on the osticket forums recently if it's possible to use the ticket ID in the URL so that people cannot know how many total tickets there are, and was told this is not possible (and fairly rudely told to search why IDs are useful in programming, as if I don't know what IDs are...). This is interesting, because NFO's support system does exactly this. The URL, instead of using an incremental ID, uses the same 6 digit code everything else does, even though a standard copy of osticket that people will download doesn't.

Is this a change by NFO or just osticket's way of undermining the choice between incremental and random IDs, to insure an incremental one is discoverable either way? (And through very easy means nontheless)
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Question regarding NFO ticketing system

Post by TimeX »

I don't have information on the ID situation, but I can say that many changes were made to the OSTicket software by us.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant to say by us always using old versions of software, but that statement is simply not true.
TimeX
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Question regarding NFO ticketing system

Post by Naleksuh »

Anyone knows about specific modifications?