New York Location

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New York Location

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Hello,

Any information on what's going on with New York? I see a bunch of friendly clans servers are still down. We are luckily in Chicago ourselves.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: New York Location

Post by Edge100x »

The facilities provider is experiencing a complete outage there right now because of a small fire that led to the fire marshal forcing them to power down the entire datacenter. They're working to convince them to allow them to re-energize. We have full details posted to the control panel of all New York-metro customers' Events log pages.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

So New York is completely down right now? No access at all?

Also would you happen to know if GameSurge is based in New York? I can't connect to it at all and as such #nfo-support is also unavailable.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Picture I made 2021-12-27. I predicted the future. I hope I didn't cause this with my picture XD
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You should be able to connect to GS. Just connect to our server of NuclearFallout.WA.US.GameSurge.net / irc.nuclearfallout.net, as usual.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Edge100x wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:48 am You should be able to connect to GS. Just connect to our server of NuclearFallout.WA.US.GameSurge.net / irc.nuclearflalout.net, as usual.
Yep, that one works. I was previous connecting to Prothid in New York because a GameSurge admin told me that's the only one that supports SSL/port 6697. Any plans to add it to the NFO server in Washington?

Edit : Also for anyone else reading this the domain is nuclearfallout.net not nuclearflalout.net - most regulars will already know this but wanted to mention it for anyone who is coming here looking for information about the outage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Can't believe I spelled our own domain wrong there. I've edited that now.

I don't know how easy it is to enable SSL on our server, but I can ask after this is over. Since we support IPv6 everywhere, it's also potentially doable for it to have IPv6 enabled.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

During this, was there an option for customers to changes locations? A friendly community of ours was affected and I suggested to them to look at switching to Chicago. Don't suppose IP's can be transferred between locations, though.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

rustydusty1717 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:54 am During this, was there an option for customers to changes locations? A friendly community of ours was affected and I suggested to them to look at switching to Chicago. Don't suppose IP's can be transferred between locations, though.
Yeah, IPs cannot be transferred. I'm also not sure if changing locations would work right now, even with a new IP, as it'd require retrieving some information from the old location. I would recommend just waiting until it's back up, or if you're really in a hurry just make a new server in a different location