SPF and DMARC Records

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
mfernald
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SPF and DMARC Records

Post by mfernald »

I have email hosted at office365 and I am trying to set up SPF and DMARC Records for my domain that is currently utilizing NFO nameservers.

I have tried to enter the following:
"v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all""v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:smtp@domain.com"

In the TXT record for the @ for my domain. It does not appear to work. I can only seem to have one or the other.

How would I get both records attached to my domain?

Thanks
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: SPF and DMARC Records

Post by TimeX »

Are they both in quotes like that without a space between the entries? Multiple entries are supported for TXT records, but the formatting has to be correct.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: SPF and DMARC Records

Post by Edge100x »

SPF and DMARC are done with separate entries.

Under the @ subdomain (which is the root), you should use the wedge on the right side to expand your options and check the box to create a TXT entry associated with it. In the field, enter v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all (which you gave as what you want for SPF).

Then, create a new subdomain by entering _dmarc in the blank subdomain field at the bottom of the domain's entries, selecting a type of TXT and entering v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:smtp@domain.com as the target (you'll need to replace with your domain name, of course).

You could also safely skip DMARC. An SPF entry should be enough to ensure mail delivery.