cs2-ds tickrate?

hunghippo
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

cs2-ds tickrate?

Post by hunghippo »

I’m not sure if this is the right place to be posting this although I don’t see a dedicated cs2 forum so maybe it hasn’t been updated?

I would like to inquire about the tickrate selection found within the CP (server control/tickrate). From what I understand cs2 no longer uses a flat tickrate rather a subtick system that fluctuates? So I suppose my question is does selecting a tickrate actually effect our cs2-ds?

If the server is actually using the tickrate selected within the CP why do we not have the option to switch back to subtick?

Thanks for the time! :D
- hunghippo!!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: cs2-ds tickrate?

Post by Edge100x »

I'll have to look into it further, but this likely no longer applies to CS2 and may need to be removed from that page.
hunghippo
New to forums
New to forums

Re: cs2-ds tickrate?

Post by hunghippo »

Thanks for the fast reply Edge! :D

After doing some testing on my local server I believe that -tickrate is still relevant within cs2 although not very beneficial towards actual play. I would like to also mention the testing I did was relevant to movement or more specifically bhopping. When setting the tickrate to 128 I experienced very different movement compared to my csgo-ds with 128 tick enabled. With 128 tick enabled on my cs2-ds bhopping feels very sluggish and almost a bit harder where as it was the complete opposite when comparing it to csgo.

This is complete speculation although I believe when -tickrate is specified there may be some overlap between the subtick system and the flat tick system creating some weird results.