[TF2] HELP: Server crashes and restarts after loading 3 or 4 maps

Wee Laddie
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[TF2] HELP: Server crashes and restarts after loading 3 or 4 maps

Post by Wee Laddie »

I'm trying to run a TF2 server that runs Steam Workshop maps as well as vanilla ones.

After loading typically 3 or 4 maps, the server will crash and restart back to its default starting map. These crashes usually occur as the players are loading in, causing them to be stuck on the "Changing level" screen, or rarely during pre-game and get the Auto-Disconnect warning.

I originally thought it was only caused by custom maps but after more testing it seems to also be crashing on vanilla maps, official and unofficial, old or new.

Does anyone happen to know why this is happening? I'm stumped.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: [TF2] HELP: Server crashes and restarts after loading 3 or 4 maps

Post by TimeX »

There could be a few reasons for this, so you will want to check the server logs for errors, and maybe enable condebug for more information. That should help narrow down the cause.

Is this one of our standard TF2 game servers? If so, you can contact us using the "Help" option in the control panel to have one of our staff take a look at your server directly.
TimeX
Wee Laddie
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Wee Laddie »

TimeX wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:37 pm There could be a few reasons for this, so you will want to check the server logs for errors, and maybe enable condebug for more information. That should help narrow down the cause.

Is this one of our standard TF2 game servers? If so, you can contact us using the "Help" option in the control panel to have one of our staff take a look at your server directly.
Mkay so I found the logs, there's a ton in there that are recent from before I input the "-condebug" command, the server must have been spitting them out before crashing.

"05/20/2024 - 17:12:54: FATAL ERROR: Out of memory or address space. Texture quality setting may be too high."

Something in there's too big/getting too big after a couple of loads.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

You will want to look at your map sizes then and see if one of them is drastically larger than the others. If you run addons, one of them may have a memory leak also, but I would start with checking on the map sizes first.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This one turned out to be due to an outdated Sourcemod install. An upgrade through the Autoinstallers page fixed it up!