Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
I'm still learning about dedicated servers and VDS hosting, and I'm trying to understand what really matters when choosing a server for a small project.
I know CPU, RAM, storage, and network quality are important, but I'm not sure which factors should come first when the workload is still relatively small. I'd also like to avoid paying for resources that I don't actually need.
For those of you who have managed servers for a while, how do you usually decide between a VDS and a dedicated server? Is it better to start with a smaller setup and upgrade later, or choose a more powerful server from the beginning?
Thank you!
So unfortunately each user has different needs. So it really depends on what your project calls for. Like some applications are sensitive to the CPU aspect, while others are about the RAM usage. So it truly depends on your unique situation.
What I can say, is with the VDS line, you can upgrade at any time and the prorated rate. Where down grading is an immediate change, but the cost will not change until your payment date. So I would keep that in mind. And upgrade as you go.
If you have any further questions, please let us know.