Easy setup

News for the main page
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Easy setup

Post by Edge100x »

Our control panel has taken a leap forward in usability today with the addition of a beta version of our new "Easy setup" tab.

This tab, which currently can only be used for Half-life based servers like Counter-strike, supports many common operations such as changing the server name and password, adding admins, and changing the mapcycle, all in one page.
izZy
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by izZy »

and edge just keeps coding away and away...... good work edge and how much can u bench press?
-izZy
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

I bet someday we will only have to press one button to install mods like warcraft 3.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Actually, that probably wont happens since there are so many different versions of warcraft3 mod. plus the authors of said mods release so many updates and bugfixes that it would be hard to keep up. Easier to handle those installs on an individual basis IMO.
simoncastillo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by simoncastillo »

Supernuker wrote:I bet someday we will only have to press one button to install mods like warcraft 3.
I think this is all possibly.

It make me remember my hosting cpanel (not nfo) ... it have a feature named "Fantastico" it install for you everything, phpnuke, postnuke, phpbb, and much much much moreeee

Of course they aren't on the last realease like phpnuke on 7.6 or phpbb on 2.10 but... why we don't do that (well john... my hero ö)? I know it is hard but if john make a tab where you can install with one click metamod, to start... after you do that you have the posibilitie to instal admin mod, amx or amx x mod... if you select one of them you can install famous plugin of them... like csdm or something.

As booya said wc3 release so many versions... well lets take a version work with it and in a month or 3 month or in a "critical" update john just update it.

This could happen!

Go NFo or Go Home.

Here a images of my cpanel fantastico and something i just make for fun:

http://radicalg.9tx.net/Untitled-1.htm
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

lol some very nice graphics you got there

thats sorta the idea we got into the easy setup page, the installs are at the bottom and then you can edit it afterwards

in your examples you have the setup streamlined all into one, but when you want to edit it at a later date, thats where the current setup comes in, which proves to be best as in usefulness in making modifications to the mods as well as adding admins.
-Nick
simoncastillo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by simoncastillo »

well i'm east and was 5am and I 'wanted to sleep :p
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

its an idea that could be added on to the add plugin section at the bottom of the easy setup page as part of that process, then for later editing use the current easy setup page

that would be up to Edge to implement if needed :idea:
-Nick
human_shield256
New to forums
New to forums

Post by human_shield256 »

We've been haveing some problems with the easy set up not syncing the user.ini's in the amx and amx_mod-x folders.

Also when we turn on allow voteing in there it double votes, and first one doesn't matter.

Other than thoes things verry nice.

Were also running vexed and deadchat but dont think they would have affected any of thoes.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you find bugs in the beta, please email us with the specifics instead of posting them here.

What you describe with AMX/AMX Mod X is not actually a bug. It will not set up both AMX and AMX Mod X, because it does not expect you to be running both (nor should you be). Instead, it only changes settings on the active mod, or if both are active it just changes settings on AMX Mod X.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

This has now been expanded to Source servers.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

And expanded to HLTV servers.