error verifying STEAM ID

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
realchaos1
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

error verifying STEAM ID

Post by realchaos1 »

I tried VAC off, VAC on, for some reason I cant connect to the server I rented, just keeps giving me this error:
You have been disconnected from the server. Reason: Error verifying STEAM ID Ticket(server was unable to contact authentication server, 27).
I am extremely disatisfied since my 2 day trial period has been plagued by this little error. It worked for a few hours, finally this error started coming up. Is there any way I could have the trial period restarted? I want to play around with the fallout server. :( Is there any solution to this?

Just to let you know, i can join Secure VAC servers, so there is no reason to assume my steam id was banned or anything.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's not a VAC error, that's a Steam error. That error means that the Steam authentication server is having issues, which unfortunately is completely beyond our control. Steam has had quite a few periods of downtime lately.

Sometimes restarting your server will eliminate this error, because it might choose a new auth server to try to connect to.

If you continue to have problems, you should email us.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

log out and log back into your steam client. That should fix your client issue.
-Nick
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

True, often this error is client-side.
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

It wouldn't hurt to log out of Steam, reboot, and then log back in when the computer is finished booting up. I get this problem too, as well as an Expired User Ticket. This is a quick fix and unfortunately happens with Steam occaisionally.
metro @ [url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/nfo-support]#nfo-support[/url]
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing it's idiot...