I am looking into renting a server, please help...

Squirrel
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I am looking into renting a server, please help...

Post by Squirrel »

I am thinking about renting a server here. I have looked around a decent amount and i looking for the best deal for my money. I don't intend on spending much, probably $60 or $70 a month. I have read about each type of rental and i think i want to get a Counter-Strike server with about 14-18 players, probably 16. I live near Sacromento in Cali. ANd the Verio is in LA so my ping should be good. I was just curious if i would need to buy the ping accelerator or the CPU priority dealy to help much? ANd what are the different payments and things. i know you pay monthly but how? i don't have my own credit card. I might be able to though, i was just curious if u guys put out a notice reminding you to pay in an email or something. Also if u pay late or forget to pay what happens. If ur late 1 day do u loose the server for that day or do u get a day to get it in or wat? and do u pay at the beggining of each month or whatever. Thanks for the help guys. sorry for bugging u acuraCLS in the Cheryboble server,"stupid soviets :D"

also if people could post their server IPs that rented here and tell what what kinda they have. I am mainly looking for verio servers and Level3. Also let me know if u have ping accelerator or anything. The ones that u can use to check it are super full and they aren't accurate i don't think. The verio ping test server is always 32/32 and my ping is 80 so please give me ur IP and connection that u rented. Thanks for the help guys. It seems like this company has the best deal for the money! and free web hosting!! :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: I am looking into renting a server, please help...

Post by Edge100x »

I was just curious if i would need to buy the ping accelerator or the CPU priority dealy to help much?
The ping accelerator would decrease your ping by about 10. CPU priority wouldn't be noticable most of the time. Personally, I'd recommend getting the accelerator and skipping high priority.
ANd what are the different payments and things. i know you pay monthly but how? i don't have my own credit card. I might be able to though, i was just curious if u guys put out a notice reminding you to pay in an email or something.
PayPal is our payment processor. It can accept credit cards and e-checks. The subscription works by taking out the money automatically each month (Paypal doesn't send you a warning first).
Also if u pay late or forget to pay what happens. If ur late 1 day do u loose the server for that day or do u get a day to get it in or wat?
Since it's automatic there usually isn't a late-payment problem unless your credit card was denied or your e-check bounced. If that happens, Paypal will normally retry the payment automatically.
and do u pay at the beggining of each month or whatever. Thanks for the help guys.
Payments occur once a month on the anniversary of your subscription signup date.
also if people could post their server IPs that rented here and tell what what kinda they have. I am mainly looking for verio servers and Level3. Also let me know if u have ping accelerator or anything. The ones that u can use to check it are super full and they aren't accurate i don't think. The verio ping test server is always 32/32 and my ping is 80 so please give me ur IP and connection that u rented.
We have a list of public servers here: http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/rent. ... nt=servers

You can sort it by location, map, number of players, whether it's ping accelerated, and other things.
Thanks for the help guys. It seems like this company has the best deal for the money! and free web hosting!! :D
;)
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

I rent a private 10 person sever that is located at Verio LA. I get a constant ping of around 50-60 and I am in Bellingham WA (2 hours north of Seattle). I'm not using ping accelerator or cpu priority. If you'd like to play in our server to check out your ping, PM me in IRC. You can find me in #MY or #nuclearfallout under the name |MY|crab. Since it's a private server I can't give you the IP PW here.

As far as renting from NFo, I would absolutely reccommend it. I've looked around and you won't find the quality for the price anywhere else. Besides that, they're great people.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Hey there

you can bug me anytime :)

then allow me the satisfaction of killing you.

Here is my server like I told ya on cherb.
198.172.110.235:27015

ours is 16 player on verio, accelerated as well.