BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Edge100x »

I'm troubleshooting a different, strange issue with the tool right now, that might be related to R10/R11. This could cause some problems in the short term.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The strange issue I was referring to in my last post led to the daemon not always seeing all events; I've taken care of it now.
ttaylor1109
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ttaylor1109 »

I had the same issue happen to me last night. We were playing on White Pass and after playing both sides, it switched to it again. I changed the map 2 times and it remained on White Pass. I had to restart the server and the problem still existed. Finally, I just stopped using the tool and everything worked fine after that. I did like it while it was working though.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

ttaylor1109, that sounds much more extreme than his concern. Could you try again now and let me know if this is still happening?
ttaylor1109
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ttaylor1109 »

Edge,

Well I have been noticing recently that that when it happened, the info in the server control tab was not updating, even after logging out and back in. I will enable it when our server is empty again and let you know.
ttaylor1109
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ttaylor1109 »

It is currently happening again edge. I turned it on last night while the server was full and it now it is stuck on the same map over and over. Also, when I try to change the map through the Server Control tab by using admin.runNextLevel, it is unresponsive and stays on the same map. I will leave it as is and maybe the issue can be resolved.

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

ttaylor1109 wrote:It is currently happening again edge. I turned it on last night while the server was full and it now it is stuck on the same map over and over. Also, when I try to change the map through the Server Control tab by using admin.runNextLevel, it is unresponsive and stays on the same map. I will leave it as is and maybe the issue can be resolved.

Thanks
If rcon isn't working at all, then unfortunately that's an issue with a bug in the code on the game server side. I hope that it resolves itself for you too, but it might require a server restart.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Hey Edge,

Some friends of mine have seen some servers with a "nuke" type of command, where an admin can essentially kill an entire team when required. This would be useful on that conquest map where its very easy to pin down one of the sides at their spawn (forget the map).

Any chance in getting this functionality?

!nuke russians

Cheers,

Disconnect
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

disconnect wrote:Some friends of mine have seen some servers with a "nuke" type of command, where an admin can essentially kill an entire team when required. This would be useful on that conquest map where its very easy to pin down one of the sides at their spawn (forget the map).
The functionality is already in the tool:

Code: Select all

!kill 1*
will kill everyone on team #1

Code: Select all

!kill 2*
will kill everyone on team #2
ttaylor1109
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ttaylor1109 »

Great, thanks. I will turn the new map cycler off since it does not happen when it is off.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Doh,

Thanks Edge, sorry about that. Ive been away on vaca for two weeks, need to catch up i guess :)
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

For some reason after R11 was applied to my server under "server control" it no longer shows any activity (frozen?) (yet I can command the server still with !nextmap and such) and subsequently my in game admin is broken. I have also tried restarting the server but that has had no effect.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Syph wrote:For some reason after R11 was applied to my server under "server control" it no longer shows any activity (frozen?) (yet I can command the server still with !nextmap and such) and subsequently my in game admin is broken. I have also tried restarting the server but that has had no effect.
If it's been since R11, that's very odd, because I've restarted my admin daemon here many times since then. Are you certain that it didn't work at least part of the time?

I'll go restart the daemon again. It also reconnects to servers that don't send it events for 5 minutes, so I'm a bit puzzled by why it wouldn't be working here.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've added an additional bit of code to the timeout system to try to better detect when servers stop responding now. I have also adjusted the map cycler so that it makes fewer queries. Syph and ttaylor1109, this should help compensate for game bugs and hopefully eliminate both of your problems.
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Thank you edge what ever you did the daemon is back up and running and so is the server control. :D

I'll let you know further on the map cycle once I give it a try again.