Minecraft Server wont install

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
hakusstronk
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Server wont install

Post by hakusstronk »

I am not able to get Minecraft Server to install on my Win 2008 R2 Server. I cant get past the installer. It auto closes on run every single time.

From my internet searches I have tried
-Remove Java
-Reinstall Java
-Inststall Java SDK
-Install Java 32/64 bit
-Server Restarts

I have tried to install the game from the .jar file and 'opening with' Java SE. I have tried every variation of running both the Java. I have tried to correct the path file in system>advanced variables> changing the systems paths. I have tried the changing the CLASS, and PATH attributes. Nothing seems to work. I have also made sure to run revo uninstallers, and reg cleaners between installs. I have used JavaRA 2.6 to also try to manage the versions of Java. I have also performed full server restarts in an attempt to fix this issues. Nothing works...

Thank you to anyone that is able to help, I really appreciate it.

I
Jamesderf
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Minecraft Server wont install

Post by Jamesderf »

I had to change my operating system to Linux for minecraft on my virtual server from nfo, I don't think it will work on the windows server from nfo,
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

There should be no issues installing Minecraft on an unmanaged Windows VDS. We don't restrict it at all. Are you using the standard installer from the Minecraft website? Also what happens if you run it as admin?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If using an installer, sometimes your required to install some version of .NET to get them to run. Had this issue many times with other installer and applications that just appear to do nothing.

You could also install MyMcAdmin as we did, and let it install everything and manage your server.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Majulus
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Majulus »

I'm Running Windows Server R12 and Minecraft installed perfectly. I host two servers simultaneously. If you still don't have it working, consider changing the version of windows. Aside from Java, I did not have to install anything to have it working within minutes, and that included moving the world from its old home.