NFO is my choice of server host

Had a good experience with our servers? Congratulate us here!
Septharoth
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO is my choice of server host

Post by Septharoth »

After several months of running servers hosted by NFO, I've decided I'm not going to leave, but stick with here even when I go to buy a dedi. Prices are excellent for the quality of the service. Their support techs respond almost instantly. I highly recommend NFOServers to ANYONE looking for quality hosting. The ONLY downside I've come across here is the webservers, once you guys start offering a package with unlimited connections allowed it will be literally the top service out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: NFO is my choice of server host

Post by soja »

While I agree with almost everything, I find it hard to believe you are hitting your connection limit with web hosting. We are using the "Standard" plan(100 connection) as fastdl for 30+ active game servers, and push ~10TB of bandwidth through it per month, and I don't think we hit the limit yet :)
Not a NFO employee
Septharoth
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Septharoth »

I use an ingame login/registration system, so every time someone connects, that's a mysql connection made, so 8 servers that all connect to mysql, and midday-latenight it fills up to over 60+ users, my website would go down for connection limits.

3 of the servers im running make persistent sql connections as well. Other than connection limit, even the webservers are amazing. Just gotta hope they let us take a plan with unlimited in the future :3
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

MySQL connections are not counted in the connection limit. As far as I know, having a reasonable MySQL connection limit is standard for most servers to maintain good performance. If you are running into issues with the MySQL connection limit you should open a ticket to see if it can be raised, and if not, you may need to build your own solution.

We have our own dedicated server for our website, and we have nearly 200 open MySQL connections right now.
Not a NFO employee