CoD2 Trouble on VDS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
dacajoca
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CoD2 Trouble on VDS

Post by dacajoca »

I have big trouble with CoD2 server on VDS ( 2CPU, 2048MB of RAM ). When more than 30 players become to play i have LAG and Higher ping for all players. OS is Debian7 and load of VDS ( when more than 30 players ), is 0.35-0.5, and mem usage is 400MB. This is only when more than 30 players. When is less than 30 players everything is ok. Administrator from NFO tell me that is not hardware issue and hardvare is ok. What may cause this trouble ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: CoD2 Trouble on VDS

Post by Edge100x »

What is the CPU usage that you are seeing with 30+ players?

Is this a vanilla server?

What rate settings are you using?
dacajoca
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dacajoca »

CPU usage when 30+ players is 0.3-0.5. Do you mean rate in .cfg ? that is 18000 now. When i put less or more rate situation is same. First it be Debian7 installation from NFO Cpanel. 2days ago, i istall custom gamekernel from http://www.ulrich-block.de/gameserverkernel/ . 3.14.1-ub-100hz, now is little better but i still have higher ping ( only when more than 30+ players ).
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

By CPU usage, I mean the percentage of a single core and not the load average.

That is a low rate.

I don't generally recommend using a custom kernel.
dacajoca
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dacajoca »

Yes, and I mean to percentage of single core, not average ( in htop ). When i install this custom kernel, server work better, but, i still have lag and higher ping ( only 30+ players ). What can i try to resolve this ?
dacajoca
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dacajoca »

My rate in cfg is not low. In default it is 25000, but, when i put on 25000 lag is higher.
In 8y of experience, i never before, install CoD2 server on Windows. What are you experience abouth CoD2 server on Windows. It is better ?
jorgeevil8
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jorgeevil8 »

I have a excelent files that can resolve your problem. (COD2 FILES) I can give you tomorrow. You can send me a message, jobrito@abricosa.com