Very poor server performance. (Rubber banding)

lumpkin
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Very poor server performance. (Rubber banding)

Post by lumpkin »

I couldn't be more disappointed with my server rental. I'm experiencing unacceptable rubber banding at all times of day. This is something that I know is common with NFO servers, but I thought they would of figured this out by now.

And by the way, they don't allow refunds. Now I'm stuck with a server that is unplayable for the next 3 months. Word of warning, you get what you pay for. :cry:
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Very poor server performance. (Rubber banding)

Post by kraze »

It is important that you always contact us when you're seeing issues so we can diagnose the issue at hand. Rubber banding can unfortunately be caused by many things, so it'll take some troubleshooting to narrow down the possible causes. When did this start occurring and were any recent changes made to your server? Also, when it does occur do you notice any choke/loss net_graph or any high latency on the scoreboard?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

lumpkin wrote:I couldn't be more disappointed with my server rental. I'm experiencing unacceptable rubber banding at all times of day. This is something that I know is common with NFO servers, but I thought they would of figured this out by now.
That is not at all common with our servers, and it never has been.

"Rubber-banding" frequently means that a client is experiencing packet loss. It's important that you send us an MTR from your client to the server, along with your IP address, so that we can investigate this with you. Routing problems can often be resolved, since we can make adjustments and/or Internap can make adjustments on our behalf.
And by the way, they don't allow refunds. Now I'm stuck with a server that is unplayable for the next 3 months. Word of warning, you get what you pay for. :cry:
We guarantee that our servers are the highest performing ones available and there is no reason that yours would be unplayable. Contact us and we can work with you to address whatever client problem you are seeing.

You absolutely will get what you pay for here. We have a reputation for offering the highest quality for very good reason.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by barhund »

As a long term customer I call BS on this post. The above issues are not standard for NFO servers and they have always worked to resolve any issues Ive had with the server.
lumpkin
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lumpkin »

Edge100x wrote:
lumpkin wrote:I couldn't be more disappointed with my server rental. I'm experiencing unacceptable rubber banding at all times of day. This is something that I know is common with NFO servers, but I thought they would of figured this out by now.
That is not at all common with our servers, and it never has been.

"Rubber-banding" frequently means that a client is experiencing packet loss. It's important that you send us an MTR from your client to the server, along with your IP address, so that we can investigate this with you. Routing problems can often be resolved, since we can make adjustments and/or Internap can make adjustments on our behalf.
We guarantee that our servers are the highest performing ones available and there is no reason that yours would be unplayable. Contact us and we can work with you to address whatever client problem you are seeing.

You absolutely will get what you pay for here. We have a reputation for offering the highest quality for very good reason.

You cancelled my server, which was requested. But you didn't post me a refund. Was this an oversight?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

lumpkin, I can't tell which server you are referring to here, and anything that requires a validated customer lookup needs to be discussed through our support system. You should open a support request by clicking "Help!" in our control panel or emailing support@nfoservers.com.