Unable to install styles on phpbb board

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
slait
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Unable to install styles on phpbb board

Post by slait »

So I have followed a couple how to's:
https://www.artodia.com/phpbb-30-tutori ... tallation/
and
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... on-phpbb3/

and did exactly what they told me to. I also deleted and reuploaded the custom styles inside the public/forums/styles/ many times.

I can't figure out why it won't show in my ACP of phpbb when I go to "install the style" on the board.
I need some help :/
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Re: Unable to install styles on phpbb board

Post by Snugzz »

Not trying to deter you or anything but mybb I find easier for forums and often the public themes look GREAT if you look deep enough.

But anyway.
You may need to make sure you're not uploading the zip. It may sound stupid now but I've done to myself quiet a few times with other items.
You may not like my 2 cents. But the next person may need it.
slait
New to forums
New to forums

Post by slait »

Okay, I do see mybb working better and a little easier to use/understand.

and the styles were not in zip, they were uploaded as regular folders. Weird I guess.
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Post by Snugzz »

If you make the switch to myBB, make sure you do manual backups frequently on your own PC, I've learned that NFO doesn't make a back up of it... Also there are plenty of plugins for mybb to intergrate TS3, Steam, and some other useful plugins. Just poke around. Good luck :)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Snugzz wrote:If you make the switch to myBB, make sure you do manual backups frequently on your own PC, I've learned that NFO doesn't make a back up of it... Also there are plenty of plugins for mybb to intergrate TS3, Steam, and some other useful plugins. Just poke around. Good luck :)
We take daily backups of our webhosting platforms, including databases. Those can be restored via the "Backups" tab in customer control panels.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Snugzz
A regular
A regular

Post by Snugzz »

kraze wrote:
Snugzz wrote:If you make the switch to myBB, make sure you do manual backups frequently on your own PC, I've learned that NFO doesn't make a back up of it... Also there are plenty of plugins for mybb to intergrate TS3, Steam, and some other useful plugins. Just poke around. Good luck :)
We take daily backups of our webhosting platforms, including databases. Those can be restored via the "Backups" tab in customer control panels.
You can do backups of the mybb databases they are innodbs last I heard ya'll don't do that.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Snugzz wrote:
kraze wrote:
You can do backups of the mybb databases they are innodbs last I heard ya'll don't do that.
You should be able to change how they are stored, but yes, innodb databases normally cannot be restored effectively, but the backups themselves are still taken.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!