Sourcebans Initial Install

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Angrypygmy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sourcebans Initial Install

Post by Angrypygmy »

I am having trouble literally with the first step of the sourcebans/install installation, just past the accept license agreement. I know for a fact that i am using the correct information / login credentials from my Databases page because I use phpmyadmin to login with this same info to run queries to my other multiple DB's very frequently. This is not an issue with anything else I've done MySQL / DB related. This is only an issue im having with sourcebans. I have had it working before long ago, and its a very simple process. Yes, I am using localhost as my hostname, yes I am using my username and password from my databases page, yes I have created a db solely for sourcebans with external connections enabled, and yes I am using port 3306. As stated above, I can connect to any of my DB's in any other application that requires MySQL and never ever have a problem querying. Also, I have renamed config.php.template to config.php before the install and chmodded the required folders / files to 777. There is no reason why this should be happening. I do use an external domain, which i believed might be interfering with redirecting, but I doubt this as I use one of NFO's domains for the purpose of things like sourcebans, donations, admins, etc. If anyone could help me resolve this, I'd very much appreciate it as well as your time.
Angrypygmy
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Sourcebans Initial Install

Post by Angrypygmy »

Problem solved. To any whom come across an error upon the first databate entry page step of sourcebans, make sure your MySQL password for the database does not contain a single or double quote. If you know for a fact all of your db information is exactly what it should be, make sure the pass doesnt have a single or double quote or special characters. From what I noticed, this information gets stored into your config.php after successfully connecting. The reason mine wasnt connecting was because my password contained a single quote, which broke the var string in the config.php that held the password, since it uses single quotes. I hope this helps someone out there.