Batallion 1944

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
cB.SplatterGuts
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Batallion 1944

Post by cB.SplatterGuts »

I know it's still a long ways out, but I was curious if NFO had plans to support batallion when it's released?

http://www.battaliongame.com
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Batallion 1944

Post by TacTicToe »

Usually the way it works is IF they are able to host (bindable IPs/Ports, stand alone server software, meets hosting requirements) and IF there is an actual demand for the game, they host. Then it is just a matter of getting things setup and tested and determining a price point for the server slots.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

TacTicToe is right. We talk more about basic requirements to be hosted by us (or any GSP, really) here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9499&p=48114#p48114. Beyond that, we just need to see enough demand for the game.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Edge100x wrote:TacTicToe is right. We talk more about basic requirements to be hosted by us (or any GSP, really) here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9499&p=48114#p48114. Beyond that, we just need to see enough demand for the game.
Well keep on eye on Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Days of war and Battalion 1944 :)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Oh I have my eyes on Days of War. Actually host one of the servers on my fine NFO hardware. 8)
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

So Battalion 1944 is out in EA and the devs are crying about their servers being slammed. Not sure how the demand is here yet, but here Is the info.

Setup info: http://35.189.104.46/Community_Servers

Windows server: https://storage.googleapis.com/battalio ... _10747.zip

Linux server: https://storage.googleapis.com/battalio ... _10747.zip

IP and PORTs are bindable via config file. Currently have 2 servers running off single install, so you can define which config to use. Using 380 megs RAM at launch. CPU fluctuates between 3-9%. No steamcmd appid yet. The server files are available from a direct link atm.

Several modes and game style from arcade (default) to competitive and unranked. CTM, TDM, DOM, BOMB game types.

Worth taking a look at.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have been testing it. IP binding doesn't seem to actually work, but we should be able to work around that. Normalized CPU usage is high -- >50%, but that can be priced for. There are a couple of other things we're looking at.
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

I am definitely looking at this game. Would love to see it be hosted by NFO so I can throw it up through my managed install. I think this is one game that may bring some life back into the dedicated server world when all these companies are gearing games towards cloud based solutions.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Crap you are correct IP binding does not seem to work. Going to report that.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

So as it turns out IP binding does work, just their config does not. You need to use multihome on the command line to bind the IP.

-multihome=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Also there is a typo in their config file. You need to change all the StratTime to StartTime 8O

Not sure how they missed that! :roll:
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Tons of bugs, definitely :). Few games get IP binding completely right nowadays, including most UE games, so we usually have to use a workaround anyway.

Preliminary support for Battalion 1944 has been added to our system now, with a low introductory price. We're continuing to polish it and explore the game and its options further.

(For completeness, the other games mentioned in this thread -- RS2 and Days of War -- were previously released and are already supported in our system.)
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

All I have to say is...You guys are awesome! Thank you so much!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

:D

If you generate any good tips and tricks from running a server, please make sure to let others know here!

It looks like the game will have an update early tomorrow. I hope they don't make a habit of the timing that they're planning. I also hope they switch to Steam-based distribution, so that we can automate it.
GodOfWonders
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by GodOfWonders »

I'll post my findings and experience as best I can. I have some mapper friends that have been looking at this game too so I think we're all going to be checking it out and trying to learn the server aspect of this game as well as see what feedback we can generate on both the server front and the developers front. Should be an interesting experience for all of us.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

36 meg update??? :roll: