Gmod Server Ping

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Dartouious
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Gmod Server Ping

Post by Dartouious »

Currently setting up my DarkRP server for Garry's Mod and whenever I use voice chat, spawn in the server or interact with other players; The server lags. Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Gmod Server Ping

Post by Edge100x »

Is this a managed or unmanaged server?

Is the server itself having problems -- that everyone is experiencing -- or are you seeing a personal impact to what you're doing?

What measurable symptoms are you seeing in the net_graph output?
Dartouious
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dartouious »

This is an unmanaged server. I am also running 4 Minecraft servers and an Ark: Survival Evolved server. This is a personal impact on just my Garry's Mod server. The other 5 Servers I am running on here do not show any signs of lagging or increased ping. Nor can I detect any measurable symptoms in the net_graph output
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like a rate problem. What personal "rate" setting are you using? Have you tried setting a higher sv_minrate value on the server, such as 30000?
Dartouious
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Dartouious »

I will try. The current sv_maxrate is 2500. Should I set that one to 30000 or should I said the sv_minrate to 30000. If so what should the max rate be in that case.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You should make sure that the sv_maxrate is very high, such as 100000. Having it set to 2500 will cause the game to essentially be unplayable!