Add Webmail to my already vds

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Soulreaper
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Add Webmail to my already vds

Post by Soulreaper »

Hi

I run 8 L4D2 servers on my vds I rent from NFO
Because php has now been upgraded to 7, the custom player stats has stop displaying the stats on the webserver I rent fron NFO

I would love to fix this but im not clever enough to do this

So can someone please tell me if I can add a webmail server to my existing vds without wiping it so I can run php5/6

Thank you in advance
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Add Webmail to my already vds

Post by Spray »

Have you opened a request with us about the broken website? We've been attempting to help with fixes where possible for the PHP 5->7 transition. I'd be happy to look over this if you open a new request via the Help! tab of the control panel for your site.

I wouldn't recommend setting up PHP5 independently to prevent having to update, since extended support for PHP 5 is planned to be dropped by the developers next year. After this, no more critical security updates will be released for this version, making any software you run exposed to unpatched security vulnerabilities.
Soulreaper
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulreaper »

@ @ Spray

I will open a support ticket now

Hope they can help

Thank you
Soulreaper
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulreaper »

I checked my emails and had this reply from NFO support

I saw that you replied to my forum post this morning, so I went in and took a closer look at this. I was able to use the mysql wrapper linked in the knowledge base post to correct the stats site, it should be working now.

Let me know if anything else is broken that I can take a look over.

Thanks,
Charlie
NFOservers Support

I just want to say a big thank you to the support team and Charlie for sorting the issue out for me, the webstats page is back up and running perfectly.

Thank you so much as this means a lot to the 1500 players in our group :) :) :)