I need help setting up a minecraft server for my VPS

Waveidz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I need help setting up a minecraft server for my VPS

Post by Waveidz »

Hi I am new to making Minecraft Servers, I have looked at some old posts but some of the links don't work anymore. I am not sure where to start and would appreciate any advice!
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: I need help setting up a minecraft server for my VPS

Post by Vanderburg »

You can install the Java 8 JDK for Linux using the following commands:

Code: Select all

add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
apt-get update
apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
You can then get the minecraft installer with this:

Code: Select all

mkdir minecraft
cd minecraft
wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.12/minecraft_server.1.12.jar
You can replace the 1.12 (in both places!) with whatever version you want. It also has you put the server in its own folder, because that's just a good idea.

The rest of the guide in the knowledgebase guide will work for setting up the server (found here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5049) I can work on updating that guide, as well.
francois23
New to forums
New to forums

Post by francois23 »

Thanks for the information.
Davidmenk3
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Davidmenk3 »

Waveidz wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 am Hi I am new to making Minecraft Servers, I have looked at some old posts but some of the links don't work anymore. I am not sure where to start and would appreciate any advice!
Hey there! Welcome to the world of Minecraft server hosting! Getting started can be a bit confusing, but don't worry, I've got you covered.

First things first, you'll need to buy VPS hosting for yourself. VPS stands for Virtual Private Server, and it's basically like renting a piece of a big computer where you can run your Minecraft server. Look for a reliable hosting provider that offers good performance and support.

Once you've got your VPS hosting sorted out, you'll need to install Minecraft server software on it. There are plenty of tutorials online that can guide you through the process step by step.

After you've got your server set up, you can start customizing it to your liking, installing plugins, and inviting your friends to join in on the fun!

If you ever run into any issues or have questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out for help. The Minecraft community is usually pretty friendly and willing to lend a hand.

Happy crafting!