SSL certificate expired

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SSL certificate expired

Post by Naleksuh »

Hello. For all NFO hosted websites, Firefox says that the certificate has expired on 2/4/2011. This is not just for my website, but seems to be for every website I know of that is hosted with NFO. However, the certificate appeared to be valid only a couple of months ago, even after 2011. Did the certificate get changed to an expired one, or has some sort of error happened? What is going on?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: SSL certificate expired

Post by TimeX »

Are you referring to HTTPS connections specifically, or are you looking at another connection type, such as FTP? If you are looking at HTTPS, that means that a cert is not currently added and it is just referring back to a very old and outdated default cert for the overall machine.

If you want SSL support on a site of yours and you do not currently have it, please contact us through the "Help" page in the control panel and we can guide you through the process. If you are just looking to learn more about how it all works, we have a lot more information available here: viewforum.php?f=106
TimeX
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

yes, i would like if my website was https....but does that cost extra at all? and do other things such as ftp also contain expired certificates?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Let's Encrypt support does not cost extra. Please check out the Knowledge Base that was linked for more information on that.

We don't support encryption for FTP. You can use use SFTP/SCP to transfer files to or from the webserver in an encrypted manner, and we strongly recommend that over using FTP.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

I did read the knowledge base...in this topic it says that all websites should have SSL and infact require it...but that's not the case for me. It is possible for connections to be unencrypted, and the certificate is expired in 2011.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

All customer domains start with it set up on our end, if it is possible to be set up. You haven't linked your site, but if going to https://yourdomain.whatever shows a certificate error, it means that your setup was broken, and you're simply seeing the machine's old and invalid certificate (which clearly is not for production use). Ways that Let's Encrypt can be broken are discussed in viewtopic.php?f=106&t=14576.

We mentioned contacting us directly so that we can guide you through the process. Please, do that. We help customers with Let's Encrypt all the time. The "Help!" page in the control panel is the best way to proceed.