Demos being zipped interferes with a plugin and doesnt upload the demo.

blazer182
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Demos being zipped interferes with a plugin and doesnt upload the demo.

Post by blazer182 »

Hey I use NFO servers to run my comp tf2 server and whenever I play a match and the stv finishes recording a plugin calles demostf uploader uploads the stv to demos.tf However if the demos get zipped the plugin doesnt recognize the files and doesnt upload. I have 2 more friends who use NFO as a server host and they have the same problem where their demos don't get uploaded. The server does upload demos once in a while which leads me to believe the system that zips demo files is on a timer. Is there anyway to disable this or atleast make it a once-a-day operation at like 4AM when the server is not in use?
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Demos being zipped interferes with a plugin and doesnt upload the demo.

Post by Naleksuh »

You are correct about timer, this is done once every hour. However, this limit cannot currently be changed.

I am not sure why the demos would be being uploaded over an hour after having been recorded, though. It seems designed to be instantaneous.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The system zips them up on a schedule, after they have been finished. We've been doing this since the game was released.

The ability to recognize .zip / .bz2 / .gz / other compressed files is definitely an improvement that the plugin developer should consider implementing, making their newer tool more compatible with existing and well-designed systems such as ours.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

It appears that the plugin simply tracks what is being recorded then uploads that name with ".dem" appended. So it would be possible to simply look for zipped versions in addition if the file itself is not available.

That said, I am not sure why it would not find it in the first place. To my knowledge, NFo does not zip instantaneously (only after one hour) and the demos tf plugin should be uploading the demo file immediately
blazer182
New to forums
New to forums

Post by blazer182 »

ok so i did some more research and turns out my curl plugin doesnt seem to be working to well. I always get the curl error 28 which is a time out after a period of time. Anyone know a way to fix this?
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

That would depend on a number of things. Have you tested other variables such as connection to demos tf server?
blazer182
New to forums
New to forums

Post by blazer182 »

how would I go about testing that? I know the demos tf site works but any other things I could check?
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

I meant more specifically the servers connection to demos tf server. As it may work from your own computer but not from the server. Other things would be connecting to other websites from the server and such.