browscap.ini

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

browscap.ini

Post by Naleksuh »

Hello, it appears NFo's web hosting does not have a browscap.ini file defined (I checked the servers php.ini, and it appears to be commented out). I also tried removing the comment, but permission was denied to save the file (as would be expected on shared hosting, but it was worth a try).

Is there a reason NFo web hosting does not have a browscap.ini file? If not, would it be possible for them to be enabled?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: browscap.ini

Post by Edge100x »

It does not appear that this is installed by default, and it is something that would need to be actively maintained, if done at the system level. I can add exploring whether it's worth us officially adding support for, but in the meantime, you'd need to consider a library such as browscap-php (which is also what browscap.org recommends).
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Nah I don't particularly need it (centering bullet points works on Firefox but breaks on Chromium), I had a fix for this and wanted to send it to only Chromium browsers. However I decided it wouldn't be a huge deal to send it to every browser. The browscap file might be good long term though and I was curious why it was disabled (appears to be so by default)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

PHP doesn't include browscap.ini because it needs to be updated frequently. They leave it up to admins to set up if they desire. Their implementation was previously very slow, as well (it may be faster now).