A Trip Down Memory Lane and Tickrate/CPU Priority

Ravenhurst
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

A Trip Down Memory Lane and Tickrate/CPU Priority

Post by Ravenhurst »

Well, am I dusting off some old threads or what? hah. Recently set up a BF4 hardcore server, and I would love to complement NFO Servers for ease of setup and user friendliness of the whole process. I get I'm probably 6 years behind the power curve, but that was way easier than I thought it would be!

I read quite a few old forum posts about the CPU priority and 64 slot BF4 servers. I did add the CPU priority to my server package, and was curious to ask if that should allow me to change it to 60hz over the one-and-only option of 30.

I'd like it to show 60hz, but I understand if this isn't really tuned for such things anymore. Plus, I don't know if I'll ever have a full server unless I advertise it on a JackFrags stream or something. hah.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane and Tickrate/CPU Priority

Post by TimeX »

There are added options for higher tickrates on our BF4 servers, and they are listed on the order page as the "accelerator" options. However, due to the direct relationship tickrate has with CPU usage (double tickrate means double usage), the accelerator options are fewer and fewer as the server size is increased, eventually not showing any options.

High CPU priority doesn't come into play much since we do our best to keep the hardware underloaded.
TimeX
Ravenhurst
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ravenhurst »

Thanks TimeX. I checked the serverpage and yep, with 32 slot server those options are there. I went 64 slot and never thought a hair lower on initial setup. lol.
If we build a server pop of regulars I'll revisit those options based on usage and such.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Owners of full dedicated server machines also have unlocked tickrates, since those customers control their own resources. But, we only recommend trying high tickrates on large servers that are on some of the fastest machines -- generally E3-1275v6 or above.