.ovpn download issues

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Ahriman
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: .ovpn download issues

Post by Ahriman »

cyberduck seemed to work;Great.
Now another issue Doesn’t let me connect.
“There was an error attempting to connect to the selected server”
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

It could be any number of things in that case.

The only way I was able to get things working with OpenVPN was to use a program called tunnelblick. I had to update it to work with Big Sur. Not sure if it works on M1 macs though.
Ahriman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ahriman »

The issues I’m dealing with now are making my brain very mush. My best guess would be having to set my dns to 1.1.1.1 to match the configuration on my .ovpn but I’m met with “ Update your CNAME or A record with this forward DNS entry, allow the TTL window to pass, and try again.”
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

You wouldn't need to be using the same DNS servers as the VPN server.

I'm not really sure that the file copied correctly but it should have if you transferred it over SFTP.
Ahriman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ahriman »

Tried reinstalling everything and it didn’t work. I’m met with the same issue. Cant use sever = no use for having one. I wanna be able to use what I’m paying for. Server poll timeout
Ahriman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ahriman »

Update - everything works. Had to drop my firewalls so I’m guessing one of them was blocking the 1194 port. I changed dns as well to use the set dns already on my server. Let’s hope everything’s just as secure