Subdoamin

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
dillmc7743
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Subdoamin

Post by dillmc7743 »

Is it possible to add subdomain only to the hosting? Rather then using name servers, the domain registrar will handle all the DNS and pointing a subdomain to NFO and adding the hosting as an IP for example. Would this be possible and if not will it be an option in the future?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Subdoamin

Post by TimeX »

Due to our vhost configuration, most webhosting configurations do not have a dedicated IP, so the method you describe would not work. One exception is the Pro hosting plan is sometimes configured with a dedicated IP to support traditional SSL certificates.
TimeX
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Subdoamin

Post by Naleksuh »

Yes, you can host a subdomain only on NFOservers web hosting. In order to do this, you'll need to either temporarily point the records to nfoservers and revert them later, or ask John to add the domain to your account. Once this is done, the domain will show in the Domains tab, and even though there is a warning saying that the domain doesn't point to the DNS records, you can configure the domain to point to a folder, and use the DNS whereever it is hosted to point that subdomain at the hosted machine's IP.

Please note that this is not an officially supported thing, but I have tried it myself before and it does work. Hope it helps you