New VDS pricing is concerning

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New VDS pricing is concerning

Post by Naleksuh »

I've recently noticed the pricing update to VDSes. Old prices were simple: $5 x number of cores so 6 cores would be $30. Easy to calculate and not inconsistent. Now it's....well, just completely random, so I'll have to list out all the prices individually:
2 cores = $10
3 cores = $18
4 cores = $24
6 cores = $36
8 cores = $48
10 cores = $60
12 cores = $72
16 cores = $96
20 cores = $120
24 cores = $140

This system is not just raising pricising, it is inconsistent pricing making it impossible to know. Also, this means it is now cheaper to have two 2-core servers than one four-core, encouraging people to split up but not helping NFO in any real way. Which is making it more difficult for people to change, try out new servers on NFO, or even know how much things will cost. I think NFO provides a great service, but I think you should consider changing it back, or at least making it more consistent.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: New VDS pricing is concerning

Post by Edge100x »

Pricing is $6 per core right now. There are two minor exceptions. I'm sorry that it upset you! I wish that our own costs were going down instead of sharply rising.

(The main exception is the 2-core. We resisted raising the minimum price more than 9.99 because it's good to have a low-cost offering under $10.)

If you are having difficulty affording a service, we may have a sale that you can take advantage of down the road.

Prices are always clear and always up-front on the order page, so there's no confusion. What you see is what you get, grandfathered in for as long as you have the server in the same configuration. We don't have any hidden fees or pass along taxes to our customers, though we're charged all sorts of hidden fees and taxes by our own providers and government bodies.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: New VDS pricing is concerning

Post by Naleksuh »

Any timeline on this sale? Looking for new servers but have held off a bit because of you said the new sale...but it hasn't happened. (Plus these are being used for innovating...don't I look cooler if I'm hosting the world's first and only Portal server?)Image