Nfo hosting BattleBit Remastered

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Nfo hosting BattleBit Remastered

Post by FAST »

Apparently there will be dedicated server for this game.

I can see other providers making announcements about this.

Has NFO heard of this new game and thoughts about allow us clients to host?

Thanks
Matt
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Nfo hosting BattleBit Remastered

Post by TimeX »

I personally had not heard of this game before. From the looks of it, it isn't going to be publicly available for a few months and will be early access at that point. It is a bit early to say if we'll be hosting it or not, but if enough people are interested in it, we can look into it further.

Anything we don't officially host someone could always host themselves using one of our unmanaged VDS servers, as long as the hardware requirements aren't anything crazy and the customer is willing to put in the extra work.
TimeX
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Hello,

Has NFO decided to become an approved server provider for BattleBit Remastered?

There are other providers that have been approved and I was curious about NFO stance.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

TimeX wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:02 pm Anything we don't officially host someone could always host themselves using one of our unmanaged VDS servers, as long as the hardware requirements aren't anything crazy and the customer is willing to put in the extra work.
I think the game FAST is talking about is one of those games that only has a whitelist of companies allowed to rent out servers, so it is not necessarily true that someone could host it themselves.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Correct, this is like EA and Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4 that NFO hosts. Must be an approved provider to host ranked servers.

Individuals can host but it wont be ranked and they have to get the IPs whitelisted. This is not ideal for most communities.

There is a huge player base in the game and I believe it would be in NFO's best interest to apply and get involved. Just my opinion.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Ah, so this is more specifically about having a "Ranked" option, and not just about general hosting of the game.

I don't know what the situation is currently in regards to this specific game, and as of this writing, I do not have any information on how the developers handle IP allowance for "Ranked" use. It may not be much of an issue, depending on how they handle it.

Some games we had to work with the developers/publishers directly and have our IP ranges pre-authorized after an approval process. Some were done on an individual bases by the customer renting the server, like a GSLT token, but for "Ranked" use. Others still were somewhere in between.
TimeX