Profane
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Exec CFG

Post by Profane »

Server: seattlestars.nuclearfallout.net
Game: CS 1.6
Problem: Okay, you know when a clan has a clan match they do amx_cfg cal.cfg or amx_rcon exec cal.cfg or rcon_exec cal.cfg..... well any ways, I and my clan have been getting very frustrated because when we exec a cfg file it is not working. Like okay, we executed the cal.cfg file, but now we cant get it to execute the server.cfg file..... its really messed up.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That wouldn't be on our end, but we can help you to find what you may be doing differently than how it needs to be done. Visit us in IRC and we'll give it a gander.
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Normally that happens when your cal.cfg just has the blank line: rcon_password
To fix it you would either need to type in your rcon password at the end of that line or just delete that line all together.
If neither of those work, we'll check it out in IRC.

P.S. it can also happen when you didnt spell your rcon password correctly :wink: :roll:
Profane
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re

Post by Profane »

I figured it out, you see the mp_forcecamera was set to 2 on the cal cfg file, but on the server.cfg file it wasnt even there, so there for when you executed the cal.cfg file, it left on some things because the server.cfg file never told the server to reset them...

But, i did run into another question/problem:
How do you disable amx mod or what ever, only like durring a clan match? I thought that the cal.cfg file was suppose to disable all that stuff, but like, in the middle of a clan match a map vote comes up... Please help. Searching for this on the net, is like impossible as there are so many games out there, you get so much junk...
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

cal.cfg doesn't disable any mods, just sets certain cvars needed for match play. There shouldn't be any mods running on the server for cal play according to their rules, some exceptions like anti-cheats as long as both teams agree to have it running.

you can unload metamod plugins by going rcon meta force_unload amxmodx to unload amxx or rcon meta force_unload amx for amxmod. That can cause problems when you try to change a map as the force to unload a metamod plugin is pretty harsh. I recommend that when you going to play cal matches, disable metamod on your control panel, server control tab, then restart the gameserver and use rcon for your admin needs.
-Nick