PsychoStats Problem

Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

PsychoStats Problem

Post by Fyrmn472 »

I have new server with NFO and I'm currently subscribed to 1 stats per day. I have been plating on my server for the last couple days and it shows I have 7 kills. Which is odd cuz I had 70+ on one map alone last night. Can anyone help?

I am currently on a home wired/wireless network. Do I need to open any ports?
bOoya
Former staff
Former staff

Post by bOoya »

Its possible that it hasnt updated since you played last night.
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

Well it updated this morning at 5:09am. Even if it was delayed from last night, I played Monday. I noticed i had the same stat problem on another NFO server. I played approx 1-2 hours a day and it only showed I had 40 kills.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You seem to be implying that it would be an NFO-specific problem, but that's not true. We use the base Psychostats install, and it determines how the stats are generated, not us. It would show the same number of kills with any company.

Perhaps there were too few people in the server when you were playing.
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

Am I still in the SUPPORT section? I'm not placing blame or implying anything! Simply asking if anyone knows what causes the problem and can help.

Pointing out that other NFO servers with stats have the same problem is merely a fact and not an attack on NFO. What causes the stats to not work? I have no idea. Hence the question in the first post, Can anyone help?

If it a Psychostats issue due to how their generated, I will attempt to gain support from their forums as well, thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I didn't say you were attacking NFO. I said that you were implying it was an NFO-specific problem, and I was clarifying on that point. There's no enmity here.

Psychostats has a variety of reasons for not tallying kills for players. The most commonly experienced reason is that there were not enough players in the server, as I said. I can't look at the graphs because I don't know which server this is, but if there are only 2 players in the server this problem will occur.
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

The server I am inquiring about is addictedtodod.nuclearfallout.net and it was full (16 players).

The other NFO server I mentioned is my referrer sk.nuclearfallout.net. Sometimes I play there for HOURS :roll: while the server is full (18) and the stats still don't generate correctly.

I also posted on PS forum. Thanks for your help and I apologize for mis-communication
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

I was told to run stats.pl from shell or cmd depending on server to see if there are any errors.

Can you help with this?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, that's just the name of the stats script.

It would be better for you to email us about this.
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

Email on the way!
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

John...

Per our email conversation, I removed the "log off" line in the autoexec.cfg and added a "log on" line. I don't think this fixed our problem. I notice our stats (http://addictedtodod.stats.nuclearfallout.net) are still not generating correctly. I know the responsibility doesn't land NFO for the stats, but is there any other checks I can make?

Thanks...
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

I noticed that when the stats updated this morning at 5:11 AM, it successfully updated your player stats but wasn't adding any new players due to the few logs between 3/31 and 4/2.

Fyrmn472
Last Played: 2005-04-02 21:14:45

However upon checking your autoexec.cfg, I noticed this:

logon, which should be log on. I corrected that for you now.

I did not see that many logs generated between 3/31-4/2, which caused hardly anything to be updated to stats. The server is logging now, as I have confirmed in FTP. It should be better now.
-Nick
Fyrmn472
A regular
A regular

Post by Fyrmn472 »

AH...I thought I put "log on" :? I was wondering why there weren't many logs generated when the server was full alot of the time.

Thanks for your help ....again!